Ubuntu 11.10 preinstalled (en)
You can make my weird english a bit better by pressing «Edit» button)
Please note: this ubuntu version is outdated. Most likely, official Ubuntu 12.04 will give you better experience.
This is a preinstalled and pre-configured version of Ubuntu 11.10. It's presented in .img file format. This may help beginners to install linux without unpacking rootfs, formatting flash disk to ext2/3, etc.
Login: user Password: ac100
NB: This image will work with Toshiba AC100 8 Gb only!
Functional keys work for the volume and brightness adjust. Android «Home» button is used as FN key. Backlight level saved after reboot.
How to install?
- make backup (optional, but recommended)
- connect AC100 to Windows PC (linux users do not need to read this manual)
- turn on in the recovery mode (hold CTRL + ESC, press Power)
- start install.bat file
- this can take half an hour or more (5,5 Gb will be sent)
- no suspend on lid close, there is a working menu item in Openbox.
- "Update app menu" does not work. Solution: change this menu item command via menu editor to:
- mom-daemon update && mom-daemon show > /home/user/.config/openbox/app.xml
Download available trough OpenBitTorrent: Ubuntu.torrent AC100 Ubuntu.torrent (5.5 GB, as the 14th partition size)
For Ubuntu installation on your Toshiba AC100, please visit the following links:
Download: Ubuntu 11.10 http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/6903351
Manual: Ubuntu 11.10 preinstalled http://ac100.wikispaces.com/Ubuntu+11.10+preinstalled (*)
(*) please use google translator for translation if required :-D